Friday 20 November 2009

Rumour Mill

Having had a tiring and busy few weeks, I've decided I can't face writing yet another serious post, so I'm going for a lighter tone here.

I find myself inexplicably obsessed with Fleetwood Mac at the moment, and particularly the album Rumours. This started a couple of weeks before the recent documentary about the band, so it's not because of that. But I find myself wondering why on earth they have (or maybe had) a reputation for being a safe and steady band that your Dad would like.

Say what you want, but Rumours is a cracking album, bristling with tension, anger and revenge all set to very good pop/rock tunes.

Particular favourites? Nothing revolutionary, I think...Dreams, Go Your Own Way, The Chain and Gold Dust Woman will do nicely, thank you. So if you've not dusted your copy off for a while (pretty much everyone seems to own a copy), dig it out and give it a go.

And, out of interest, their last studio album, Say You Will, is surprisingly good for a band of their age!

2 comments:

  1. And I thought you were a cosmopolitan sophisticate… oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear oh dearie me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't care - I stand by it. Next week, a retro review of Spiceworld The Movie! :)

    ReplyDelete