Tuesday 22 September 2009

New book ahoy...

Just a quickie this evening.

I've just started reading what is looking like one of my books of the year, despite it being a slightly lazy compilation of newspaper columns marginally re-edited into some sort of coherent structure.

'The Audacity of Hype' by Armando Iannucci appears to be a highly entertaining (and moderately depressing, but only if you think about it) compilation that has already had me laughing out loud much more than I should if I want to keep the respect of my friends and observers!

For those of a cynical bent, take a shufty. For those that aren't, I imagine X-Factor/Dancing on Ice/Ready Steady Cook and many others are only a remote control button away.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I planned to get that - some column compilations are a cynical rip-off, but he's a very bright man.

    ReplyDelete